Manchu Vishnu, Shilpa Shivanand
- BannerSri Lakshmi Prasanna Pictures
- Audio release date
Vishnu story at a glance
Vishnu (Manchu Vishnu) and Vaishnavi (Shilpa Shivanand) are childhood friends. They are separated at the age of 6. After a gap of 15 years, Vishnu finds Vaishnavi. But Vishnu wants to win Vaishnavi’s love on his own without letting her know that he is her childhood love. Meanwhile Erra Naidu fixes up the marriage of Vaishnavi with some other guy. Vaishnavi then comes to know that Vishnu is none but her childhood sweetheart. The rest of the film is all about how Vishnu and Vaishnavi unite.
The movie created massive positive response before the release but went on to become a flop at box office.
- This film marked Manchu Vishnu’s debut in Tollywood.
- Malayalam director Shaji Kailas too made his debut in Tollywood with this film. Later on he did not direct even a single movie in Telugu.
- Shilpa Shivanand (younger sister of Sakshi Shivanand) and Neetu Chandra made their debut in Tollywood with this film.
- This is Ismail Darbar’s (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devadas, Hindi fame) debut movie as music director in Tollywood. He too did not do a Telugu movie later.
- During the shooting of the movie, Sakshi Shivanand filed a complaint against Mohan Babu for slapping Shilpa because she hesitated to do a lip-lock scene. Later, she withdrew the case as police negotiated with her.
- In an interview Mohan Babu claimed that he is sole responsible for the failure of this movie.