Anukokunda Oka Roju story at a glance
Sahasra (Charmy Kaur) is a chorus singer struggling to become a playback singer. One night she attends a wild party of her best buddy. The next day is actually the day after the party day. And she is completely unaware of what happened during that one missing day. Meanwhile few chase to kill her and the rest of the story is how Charmi recollects about the missing day.
The movie was critically claimed and got rave reviews. On the whole the movie ended as a decent hit.
- This is Charmy’s first female centric film.
- Charmy acted without make up for the entire film and she dubbed her own voice in this film.
- Jagapathi Babu did a special role in this film.
- This is director Chandrasekhar Yeleti’s second directorial.
- For the first time in a Telugu film, usage of drugs was shown in realistic way. The director had no other option rather than to go with it. The drugs (duplicates) shown in the film are Ecstasy tablets, Rohypnol (DRD - Date Rape Drug) and ganja (Cocaine).
- Initially Genelia was considered for the female lead. But she couldn’t allot dates to the film and later Bhumika was choosen but she did not like the script. Yeleti saw Charmy in a TV show and finally approved her.
- Jagapathi role was supposed to be done by Rajeev Kanakala. Yeleti went to narrate another script to Jagapathi. But Jagapathi asked for Anukokunda Oka Raju story. Yeleti narrated the story and Jagapathi was completely impressed with it and gave extra dates too for this film.
- Cinematographer Sarvesh Murari debuted with film as cameraman.
- The film won Nandi Awards in Best Screenplay writer and Best Feature Film (second) category.
- Singer Smitha won Filmfare Awards for Best Playsinger (female)
- Charmy received Santosham Award for Best Actress.
- The movie’s shooting was planned initially for 70 days but it got delayed and the shooting got completed in 90 days.
- The film remade in Bollywood as Sunday with Ayesi Takia in the lead role.
- After the release of the film, 3 scenes were trimmed by the makers. In second half got trimmed by 2 mins.
- The film was supposed to have 4 songs in the film. It was producer Gunnam Gangaraju's idea to insert Righto Lefto' song.
- The pre-production work of the film took 2 months while the post-production work took 2 abd half months.
- The film was majorly shot in real locations as per the script demand.