Okkadunnadu story at a glance
Gautami (Neha Julka) is a real estate agent in Mumbai. Kiran (Gopichand) owns a property in Mumbai and wants to sell and seeks the help of Gautami. Sona Bhai (Mahesh Manjrekar) is a powerful mafia goon based in Mumbai. He needs urgent heart transplantation and his blood group (Bombay blood group) which is rare of its kind. As Sona Bhai runs out of options, his men desperately search for a healthy man from who can donate heart for Sona Bhai. But they run short of options and finally it gets revealed that Kiran too belongs to the same blood group. But Kiran is not ready. The rest of the story is how Kiran escapes from Sona Bhai men.
The movie garnered rave reviews but failed to score a commercial hit. The movie overall fared well at box office and ended as average.
- This is first combination of Hero Gopichand and Chandrasekhar Yeleti. Later both teamed up again for ‘Sahasam’.
- Krishna Vamsi directed the songs in this film
- Neha Julka made her debut in Tollywood with this film.
- Hero Gopichand waited 3-4 months for director Chandrasekhar to complete the script of the film.
- Mahesh Majrekar who played the antagonist role adjusted dates for this film as he liked the script and was in no mood to miss the project.