Ram Pothineni, Isha Sahani
- BannerAditya Arts
Devi Sri Prasad
- Audio release date
Jagadam story at a glance
Seenu (Ram) gets fascinated by rowdy-ism in his childhood. He thinks that goons have more attention in public and wishes to become a big don at very young age. In this process, he joins Manikyam gang (Pradeep Rawat) who is a local goon and aspires to enter politics. But in unknown circumstances, Seenu fights with his close associates Laddu (A.S. Ravi Kumar Choudary) and then quarrels with Manikyam too. Then walks out of Manikyam gang too and becomes quite popular than Manikyam. The rest of the story is how Seenu leaves his fascination of being a goon.
This movie got positive reviews but was not well received by audience. Though the movie was made with a budget of 4 crores and collected 10 crores at box office, ended as a flop.
- This is Hero Ram’s second film after Devadas.
- This is first combination of Ram and Sukumar
- Noted director A.S. Ravi Kumar Choudary (Yagnam fame)made his debut in this film as a close associate to antagonist.
- Actress cum singer Mamata Mohandas crooned ’36-24-36’ song in this film which became very popular.
- Heroine Isha Sahani debuted with this film in Tollywood. Later she did not do any Tollywood film.
- Zobyn Khan (sister of Mumaith Khan) did a couple of item songs in this film.
- Ram’s uncle and noted producer Sravanthi Ravi Kishore did not like the script but even then Ram went ahead with this film.
The music launch of the film was held in Prasad labs. The unit members of the film unveiled each song in this film and the whole album was released by Devi Sri Prasad and Ratnavelu (cinematographer).
Lyricist Chandrabose came up with bond paper to the audio launch and signed on the paper that the music of the film will be a bumper hit.
Cinematographer Rathnavelu reportedly rejected South Indian top director Shankar’s film to do handle camera for this film and he waited for one and half years for this project.