Allari Naresh, Sharwanand, Kamalinee Mukherjee
- BannerFirst Frame Entertainments
- Audio release date
Gamyam story at a glance
Abhiram (Sharwanand) is a filthy rich youngster. He falls in love with a medico called Janaki (Kamalinee Mukherjee), who believes in doing social service to people with love and care. Abhiram is a selfish guy who just wants Janaki. In Abhiram’s party Janaki fights with him and leaves the place. The next day she leaves the city too. Abhiram goes in search of her. The rest of the story is how Abhiram and Janaki reunite.
The movie released with zero expectations but fared quite well at box office. The critics have praised the movie and went on to become a decent hit.
- This Radha Krishna’s debut movie as director.
- This is first combination of Sharvanand and Allari Naresh. Later both teamed again in ‘Nuvva Nena’.
- Krish himself did a special role in this film.
- The movie film Nandi Awards and Filmfare Award in Best Film, Best Lyric Writer, Best Supporting Actor – Allari Naresh and Best Film categories.
- The movie was remade in Tamil as Kadhalna Summa Illai, in Bengali as Dui Prithibi and in Kannada as Savaari.
- Lyricist Sirivennela penned 5 songs in this film but he did not take remuneration as the movie was made with very low budget.
- Krish planned to make the film in Hind first but it did not materialize. Later he narrated the story to many directors and producers and after taking everyones suggestion, he modified the script eight times and the eighth version of the script was taken to sets.