Allari Naresh, Tanya
- BannerGSK Network
S. Arun Kumar
Valluri Raja Sekhar
- Audio release date
Dongala Bandi story at a glance
It is all about Nizam jewels and a treasure hunt. Three thieves - Okka Magadu (MS Narayana), Pinakapani (Venu Madhav) and Tantia Tope (Ali) loot the treasure and hide it in a jungle. They split the map of place into three parts and keep it for themselves. Later they move on in their lives. The third generation of these thieves Krishna (Naresh), Aishwarya (Tanya) and others start looking for third part when Don (Venumadhav), who is also grandson of the one of the thieves, enters the scene. The rest of the story is all about the treasure hunt that follows.
This film disappointed as Allari Naresh was quite high with back to back hit under his belt then. The film failed despondently at box office.
- Satish Vegnesa debuted as director with this film.
- Tanya and Malishka debuted in Tollywood with this film. Later both did not make a career in Tollywood.
- The director used the sun-eclipse cheating technique in this film which is drawn from ‘Apocalypto’ film.
- The crucial scenes of this film were shot for 50 days at a remote village, 130 km from Badrachalam.
- EVV thought of producing the movie but it did not happen.