Namo Venkatesa story at a glance
Venkata Ramana (Venkatesh) is a ventriloquist. He leaves to Europe along the troop of artists to perform for a local Telugu association there. Paris Prasad (Brahmanandam) is a tour organizer in Europe. Pooja (Trisha) is the niece of Prasad. Venkata Ramana falls in love with her. Pooja is the daughter of a rich factionist (Mukesh Rishi) in Rayalaseema and she is forced to return to India in the middle of the trip. And he fixes her marriage with a guy. But she is against it. The rest of the story is how Ramana rescues Pooja and unites with her.
The film garnered negative reviews but the openings of the movie were very huge. The movie scored a decent hit later. The movie was made with a budget of 25 crores and collected the same amount. The movie completed 50 days in 122 centers.
- This is first combination of Venkatesh and Srinu Vaitla.
- This is second combination of Venkatesh and Trisha.
- This is second combination of DSP and Venkatesh afer Tulasi.
- The music launch of the film was held in Bangkok and all the unit members of the film attended the launch.
- Rama Naidu attended the audio success meet as chief guest and he shook his leg with Devi Sri Prasad in the event.
- Namo Venkatesa is the first and only Indian film to be shot in Iceland country.
Namo Venkatesa movie stills