Dongala Muta story at a glance
Sudheer (Ravi Teja) and Rani (Charmi) will be on their way to a wedding. But their car breaks down in the middle of jungle. They find a resort nearby the place. This resort is led by three people (Subbaraju, Supreeth and Brahmaji). Supreeth desires for Rani. Sudheer will be livid with lack of facilities in the resort. The trio attempt to kill Sudheer and Rani. They try to escape from the resort; in this process they meet Lakshmi Manchu and her assistant Sunil. The rest of the story is about how Sudheer and Rani run away from the resort.
The movie created enormous hype but failed to impress the audience. The movie was made with a budget of 6 lacs 50 thousands rupees.
- This film is the first of its kind in Indian cinema as it was shot with just 7 crew members and in a record of 5 days.
- It is also the first film ever to be shot in Canon 5D camera.
- The entire editing for the film has been done by 3 editors on a shift basis on 3 Mac computers sitting in two small rooms.
- All the post production work like background score, color corrections etc. were done in small rooms without going to any studio.
- The film was released exactly 33 days after its shooting got completed.
- Puri Jagannadh worked as co-director and Harish Shankar worked as associate director for this film.
- None of cast and crew was paid remuneration for this film.
- The song was shot completely on Canon DSLR Camera in one day.
- There was no Cinematographer for the film because there were no lights used and the angles were independently chosen by the 5 camera operators by themselves without having any co-ordination with each other and hence there was no need for a supervising D.O.P
- The whole cost of the camera dept. for the film is just Rs.65,000 including cameras and operators.