Julayi story at a glance
Ravi (Allu Arjun) is a typical fun loving youngster who only believes in easy money than hard work. His father (Tanikella Bharani) is a hard working middle class man, who always scolds his son to get settled in life through hard work.
The villain, Bittu (Sonu Sood) and his gang plan for a bank robbery and in an unforeseen incident Ravi helps police in spoiling Bittu’s plans. Ravi has a threat from the Bittu’s gang so he leaves for Hyderabad. And there, Ravi falls in love with Madhu (Ileana). And the rest of the movie is about how Ravi chases Bittu and gets him to the dust.
Julayi carried good expectations in audience and opened to good talk. The movie later went on to become a decent hit. The movie at that time is the biggest hit in AlluArjun’s career and was one of the biggest hits produced by Tollywood that year.
- Rajendra Prasad played a crucial role in the movie. It was the first time he acted in an Allu Arjun’s movie.
- The songs “O Madhu O Madhu” and “Chakkani Bikundhi” were hummed by many
- Allu Arjun’s acting
- Some of Trivikram’s dialogues
- “logic Lu evaru nammaru, andariki magic le kavali. Anduke mana desam lo scientists kanna baba le ekkuva famous”
- “ishtam ga korukunedi adrushtam,bhalam ga korukunede bhavishyattu”
- “Nenu pidikili Bigisthey Gaali kooda Voopiraadaka chasthundi”
- “Kodi Kooda poddhunne legustundhi, em baagu padindhi, chicken koora vandukuni tinestunnaru”
Just before the start of the movie, Allu Arjun experienced shoulder injury while shooting for “Badrinath” and went to Australia for surgery on Trivikram's request. The shooting of Julayi began three months later.
During the shoot, fire broke out in a special Irani Hotel set that was erected for the film in Ramoji Film City. AlluArjun and Brahmaji suffered minor injuries in this accident.
Julayi was the last movie of Ileana in Telugu before she moved on to Bollywood.