His paternal granddad is a legendary actor of Indian cinema…
His maternal granddad is an eminent producer…
His uncle is yet another star hero of Tollywood...
Inheriting such a lineage and esteemed legacy, in the due course Naga Chaitanya has ended up landing in our ‘Ctrl + Z’ chart. He is probably the youngest to bag a place in our list. Well congrats Mr. Chai but we are afraid your fans are absolutely not happy with your show so far.
2009: DEADLY DOWN
- It all started that year. With that very debut film of his by name Josh, he comes high on student politics and rowdyism, just to remind us of the good old Shiva days. But sorry Mr. Nag junior, we tried our level best but we couldn’t. Producer Dil Raju, the man with the Midas touch, prestigious banner [Sri Venkateswara Creations], intense story, good music, great cast and again a debut director [this time not any RGV types]. But nothing could really help him out! Besides the movie falling flat at the box-office, Naga Chaitanya has been critically advocated to work on his dancing and acting skills.Started off to reach the masses, but bitter luck at the very first step!
2010: SLIGHTLY UP
- When this prince who thought of impressing the masses with his first film fell at the first hurdle, director Gautam Menon came to his rescue with Yem Maaya Chesave. With some too good music and a new effervescent love story, ‘Jessie’ has certainly done the magic and Naga Chaitanya got his first break with this film which earned him a lover boy image.But, the film apparently reaching only a sect of audience, he was still in need of a solid hit that would boost up his market.
2011: ONE STEP UP AND TWO STEPS DOWN
- Post-Yem Maaya Chesave, people started expecting from him and then he came up with yet another chirpy love story 100% Love, which turned out to be the solid hit that Chai was waiting for. Fresh story line and innovative storytelling bared fruit and there was Naga Chaitanya standing still at the winning curve of his career.But, only then Dhada and Bejawada, the pretty much understandable attempts to reach the masses, expand and stabilize his market, bombed up leaving him back at the square one.
- Forgetting the bygones, Naga Chaitanya decides to step optimistically ahead with Autonagar Surya- a mass flick that of Deva Katta [Vennela, Prasthanam fame], Tadaaka- a remake that of Kishore Kumar [Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam fame] and Manam – a multi-starrer featuring his dad and grandfather as well. Well, we’ll have to wait and see what 2013 has got Chai!
P.S: Despite being a star kid and gifted with a huge fan-base by default, Naga Chaitanya need initial hits to consolidate in this big league. This in turn requires clarity and a stratagem. When fans thought he would shape up a good mass hero with Josh, he shifted a gear with Yem Maaya Chesave. When they were taking a breath of relief that Chaintanya has picked up the right thread with YMC and 100% Love, he again shifted gears with Dhada and Bezawada.
- Appears like he is basically lacking clarity for himself of what he is really good at and is thus playing around various genres. If he picked up love stories, people would have known to see him as a lover boy. Or if wishes to settle down with mass stories, he should have worked out some big combinations and come up with back to back big projects.
- But, Chai did neither of this and that is wherein, he failed to develop a significant following and market for himself. If he thinks he is mixing it up well, sorry we have help him know that he is going wide off the mark.Above all, this is a game of expectations, belief and luck!
If not a Ctrl + Z totally, he should have had a strategy at least he gains a footing in the industry and then switch gears. So, technically Yem Maaya Chesave and 100% Love story have fell at right notes but later on, he should have concentrated on family or comedy genres, which are sure-shot areas instead of mass subjects that somehow didn’t go with him so far.
Sooner than later, he ought to step gingerly or else he need to visit Ctrl + Z again! [Hope and Wish he doesn’t!]
iQlik App is now on Google Play Store. See what the Celebs are saying about this APP. Download right Now