Anaamika is an upcoming thriller starring Nayanatara, Vaibhav, Harshavardhan Raane et al in the leads. This is an officially based on Vidya Balan’s 2012 thriller Kahaani being directed by Sekhar Kammula, written by Sekhar Kammula and Sai Prasad, dialogues penned by Yendamuri Veerendranath and produced by Endemol India, Logline Productions and Select Media Holdings.
- The film beautifully opens with the montage shots of Anaamika (Nayantara) and her husband (Harsha Vardhan) with a voice over disclosing the mission of the lead character to avoid confusions regarding the story - An impressive directorial move by Sekhar Kammula.
- But, the lead character Anamika seems to be not a pregnant lady searching for her husband unlike the lead 'Vidya Bagchi' character in its original version Kahaani. This change goes for a toss with the section of audience who have already watched the Hindi version. What good it does to this Telugu version is a wait and watch!
- The look and tinge of the film looks very gritty and rustic in the trailer which pretty much hints that it is going to be serious, intense and gripping.
- The star cast seems to be fitting the bill making the story look more believable.
- We are likely to witness Nayanatara's acting best till date for this film. Her intense acting will be an asset for the film.
- Background score by M.M. Keeravani adds to the mood and feel of the film right from the starting frame of the trailer. Especially the female chant starting from 0:46 sec gives us a haunting and mysterious plot feel. The way it amplifies up towards the end suggests us the way the film’s travel.
Good and Intriguing, not mind-boggling though. Undoubtedly Anaamika looks promising and is going to offer us one brainy off-beat thriller to watch out for.