Legend is an upcoming Tollywood film starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Sonal Chauhan and Radhika Apte in the lead roles. Versatile actor Jagapathi Babu is seen in a negative role in the film. The film is directed by Boyapati Sreenu and the Music is composed by the energetic Devi Sri Prasad. Here is an iQlik exclusive audio review of the album:
1) Legend: The album kick starts with an energetic Title track Legend sung brilliantly by M.L.Karthikeyan. The track is well laden with great lyrics, power packed rhythm section and promising string section. It carries a fantastic undercurrent vigor which sets the mood for an entertaining listen.
2) Time Bomb: After an energetic start, the album takes to the funky ride with next track Time Bomb sung by Narendra and Rita. The orchestration is typically of DSP style laden with celebrating trumpets, strings and vigorous rhythm. However, the track has slight de-ja-vu of DSP’s earlier hit songs.
3) Nee Kanti Choopullo: It is now time for breeziness with the much melodious track Nee Kanti Choopullo sung by the amazing Vijay Yesudas and Chitra. The track is blended greatly with lilting piano, auspicious nadaswaram and brilliant rhythm. Vijay Yesudas’s unique voice creates a great ambience for the melody and Chitra follows it with great confidence. It is a pleasant surprise to hear the legendary Chitra sing an interesting song of this sort in a Star Hero’s film.
4) Thanjavuru: The celebration atmosphere is back with Thanjavuru sung in perfection by Sooraj Santhosh and Harini. But the song has unmistakable relevance with DSP’s previous peppy number “Kanyakumari”.
5) Om Sarvani: The album enters a surprising classical mode with Om Sarvani composed brilliantly in Carnatic Raaga Hamsadhwani. Sung confidently by M.M.Mansi, the track as great devotion associated with it and definitely stands out from the album. It is great to hear a Classical Song because Balakrishna is well known for his distinguished taste in Indian Fine Arts throughout his career.
6) Lasku Tapa: Contrasting to the former classical track, the album comes to an end with the inevitable item song Lasku Tapa sung by none other than Malathi. The rhythm is power packed but the track doesn’t offer anything spectacularly interesting or new.
Legend is a promising album from Devi Sri Prasad who scored for Balakrishna film for the first time. The title song, “Nee Kanti Choopullo…” and “Om Sarvani…” strikingly stand out with superior compositions and catchiness. However, the regular duets and item song could leave the listener asking for more but otherwise this is a sure-shot album from Devi and a feast for the Nandamuri fans. It’s time to party folks!
iQlik App is now on Google Play Store. See what the Celebs are saying about this APP. Download right Now