Amala Akkineni- This name not only speaks of glamour, charm and acting talent but also speaks of Social Responsibility, Simplicity, Humanity and what not! To the Showbiz world in Telugu, she is known for her effervescent acting, and nowhere losing the amazing grace in every frame she appears. To the Real World, she is an animal activist and an epitome of simplicity. On the eve of this charming personality’s birthday, iQlikmovies.com brings you some of the interesting facts about her:
- Amala is a trained Bhratanatyam dancer and was a member of Kalakshetra, one of the most celebrated classical dance organizations in Chennai. Her gurus include the legendary Bharatanatyam dancer Rukmini Devi Arundale.
- Amala was first noted with her memorable performance in the silent film Pushpaka Vimanam opposite Kamal Hassan and Mani Ratnam’s Gharshana (Agni Nakshatram). Her youthful looks, sweet expressions and lovely acting skills earned her many young fans from the 80s!
- Amala was more known for her Tamil films initially where she paired with stars like Kamal Hassan, Rajnikanth, Mamootty and so on. But her Telugu film appearances are more unique with her sweet presence in every role she adorned.
- Despite being extremely glamorous in her on-screen appearances, Amala is a totally different person off screen. Apart from being the co-founder for Blue Cross Hyderabad, she is a strict vegetarian and a highly spiritual person. She actively practices Vipassana Meditation along with Yoga.
- Amala also promotes organic clothing, and practices what she preaches. She is against leather products or anything which are made with animal skins.
- Popular South Indian director Shankar was inspired with Amala’s personality and included the female lead character in Kamal Hassan’s Bharateeyudu (Indian) where she fights for animal rights. The role was played by Manisha Koirala.
iQlikmovies wishes the charming personality Amala a very happy birthday and an eventful year ahead!
ALSO READ : Wife And Husband On TV