Krish Jagarlamudi directorial historical film Gautamiputra Satakarni starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Shriya Saran, Hema Malini et al is touted to be the untold story of an unsung hero in Indian history. The 2nd century CE Satakarni emperor was indeed the pride of Telugu culture. The entire Telugu community celebrated when Krish announced a film on the legendary King. Though it is a historical film arriving after Baahubali: The Beginning, here are 7 specialties of Krish's GPSK:
1. Good usage of natural spaces and establishments instead of erecting huge sets recreating history which consume time and budget.
2. Less CG graphics which is again a budget friendly trait. Of course it is quite challenging but Krish made it possible, say inside sources.
3. Different Action sequences per say the under water action sequences, inside the castle, the one with the 7-8 feet tall Georgia fighters depicting King Satakarni's unique warfare have come out really well & are a MUST WATCH!
4. Middle-aged Satakarni phase and his heroic deeds shall be more dealt in this movie than his childhood or old age (No you get why is NBK like that?)
5. Dialogues: You can watch the film once just for the powerful dialogues though out the film especially the ones on Satakarni, Telugu culture, significance of Ugadi custom and Mother as well (Coincidentally, most Balayya's films have dialogues on Woman/Mother in one context or the other).
6. Bringing back Burrakatha format into mainstream Telugu cinema - thanks to Krish who always gave importance to our native traditions. This film starts with a burrakatha & the narrator is noene other than Century Star Shivaraj Kumar (A character that was initially slated to be reprised by Krish himself)
7. And last but not the least the Emotional quotient in the film besides mere action or graphics. On top of it, performances of NBK, Shriya & Hema Malini are a feast, as per inside talk.
Director Krish and the entire team of GPSK are super confident about the output and given his talent and prowess, we know Krish is going to strike soon.