Poolarangadu story at a glance
Ranga (Sunil) leads a happy and normal life. But he will be in financial crisis as he faces losses in his business. To cover up all the debts he makes one final attempt and buys a land with has been in controversies between two families over decades. But the land brokers hide this fact from Ranga and illegally sell it to him. When Ranga gets to know about this trouble, plots to sort a solution for this controversy. In this process he joins the Lala Goud (Pradeep Rawat) gang and then unites with his rivalry Konda Reddy (Dev Gill). The rest of the story is how Ranga solves the problem.
The film garnered good reviews and mixed response from audience. The movie was released in 450 theatres worldwide and ended as an above average at box office. The movie collected 15 crores share in the opening month.
- Sunil developed six pack abs for this film.
- Isha Chawla debuted as heroine in Tollywood with this film.
- Sunil hired Khalil, one of his friends as fitness trainer for his six packs body.
- Poola Rangadu is a remake of the Malayalam movie Pandippada (2005)
- The climax of the film was shot of 10 days as Sunil developed six pack abs for this portion of shooting.
- During this climax shooting Sunil followed strict diet.