To those of you who are not aware Muppala Ranganayakamma happens to be an eminent Telugu feminist-Marxist writer and critic. She has constantly questioned the ways of the government and this time she has taken up the subject of the government’s stand towards drugs and the ongoing investigations.
Taking cue from this, the eccentric genius Ram Gopal Varma mentioned about her post on his Facebook profile. To give you a brief essence of what Ranganayakamma intended, below are few pointers-
- If we ask the government, "What about your legalized liquor business? Is that not spoiling people's health?" the answer could be "Shut Up! It's my wish. I am the Government. Who are you to question?"
- All that government needs is the income through taxes. Better to legalize the drugs also like they did with alcohol so that excise department can earn bigger than the present.
- Excise department that's instrumental in spoiling the health of the public with organized alcohol supply is now worrying about the health of the public taking action against drugs.
- If government goes by its whims and fancies, people question and discuss. If they don't get the justice, they reject.
- A Government department that encourages alcoholic inebriation is furious on a different inebriating substance. Small or big, both are harmful for health.
Well, there should be a discussion on the above pointers by Ranganayakamma in the interest of Nation's financial growth. Government can anyway warn people with Statutory Warnings and Frightening videos in movie theaters as they are doing responsibly now.
ALSO READ : AKHIL TO CLASH WITH CHARAN?!