A major fire broke out on Monday afternoon at Padmaja theatre in Malikipuram of East Godavari district. The unfortunate incident, which caused a huge property loss, happened a few minutes before the matinee show.
As per the primary reports, an electrical short circuit is identified as a cause for the devastating fire which led to a huge loss of theatre's property. Having learnt about the fire accident in theatre, the management and staff alerted audiences in the hall and sent them out before the fire broke out. So, fortunately, no casualties were reported and no person was said to be injured. The pictures and videos from the site are doing rounds on the Internet and they indicate how large the flames broke out.
The fire has burnt furniture to ashes and completely damaged the terrace of that theatre building. Having received the information about the fire accident, fire engines reached the site to bring the flames under control.