50days and 100 days are unfortunately gone! If a film runs successfully for one full week, it is regarded as a Genuine Hit.
Many of us talk and even lecture about the importance of change and innovation in our Telugu films. But, being the successor of Superstar Krishna, Mahesh Babu never shied away from experimenting. He is known as a good reader of this game and just as he believed, 1-Nenokkadine has turned out to be a film that Telugu cinema can take pride in. Today (10.01.15) Mahesh Babu's 1-Nenokkadine has turned 1yr. On its first anniversary, here are few glimpses from our memoir -
- The film was initially planned in 2010 but due to Mahesh’s prior commitments, it was delayed. It finally kick started off on the eve of Superstar Krishna’s birthday May 31, 2012 and ended in December, 2013.
- This movie marks the debut of Prince Gautam Krishna as junior Mahesh Babu. The posters with Mahesh and Gautam Krishna were a treat for the fans.
- 1-Nenokkadine also marks the onscreen debut of Delhi based model Kriti Sanon. Initially, Kajal and popular models like Angela Jonsson were approached but Kriti made it finally.
- Samantha passing some controversial commenting on the posters of the film in her Twitter account and later actor Siddharth supporting her became highly controversial.
- Mahesh Babu’s exemplary action, Sukumar’s screenplay, Rathnavelu’s cinematography, Karthik Srinivas’ editing, DSP’s sound design and the entire technicalities of the film were critically acclaimed but somehow did not go well with the audience.
- However, the film became one of the fastest 1Million grosser both in India and US*. The film grossed some good TRPs on the small screen as well.
Anyhow, the brilliance of Sukumar’s brain and the guts of Mahesh Babu are commendable. Wish Mahesh keeps entertains us like this!